Friday 27 November 2020

The sensible thing would be to go to Brussels Thursday (27th Nov 2006)

The sensible thing would be to go to Brussels Thursday, spend one night in the Radisson (or Ibis probably better for ease, to save travelling to & for with bags), to allow me to get to Gare du Nord & Empire, then get train to Berlin next lunchtime, arriving Berlin Plaza about 8pm Friday night. Then staying there Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights, train back Tuesday, Eurostar back home Tuesday night??? 
Where do I want to go in Berlin? Just Alte National Gallery. Maybe Dom. Mostly just drinking & whoring at night. It will be nice to be in Berlin at Christmas time for first time ever. 
Just one more night to get through. Off to Waterloo on Thursday lunchtime for Eurostar. The return fare to Berlin from Brussels should be around £180? Maybe leave it till I get to Brussels to see if I can get it cheaper in the Gare du Midi??? 
Check hotel reservation for Berlin Plaza! 
**********Oh now I am so turned on & desperate to get to Berlin!! 
I have booked Thursday night in the Gare du Midi Ibis, Saturday-Monday nights in Berlin Plaza, I will just have to try Radisson SAS for Friday night in Berlin? Now Eurostar will be £89 and the Berlin train will be £185, total £275! Just one more night to get through, then I can be on Eurostar to Brussels & Berlin! These last minute decisions to travel are so much more exciting. Just watching the end of that Pete Doherty Arena documentary with him singing along to Radiohead in the car made me realise that all that matters is TO GET HIGH! TO LOSE IT! Be high all the time. 'Exhilaration is the breeze, that sweeps us off the ground'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Calcutta was very packed even for a Friday [7th October 2006]

The Calcutta was very packed even for a Friday. I had 3½ pints before going to the Wigmore. To be honest, Frittoli was more voluptuous than ...