Saturday 15 August 2020

Monday is going to be quite cool & rainy as well (15th August 2006)

Monday is going to be quite cool & rainy as well, Tuesday a bit brighter, but then Wednesday evening I can go straight home to mother’s! How I look forward to doing that now! I will come back to the flat Friday afternoon & then back to the Calcutta for a nightcap later. JUST TWO MORE NIGHTS TO GET THROUGH! I could go to Brussels for a relaxing three days and only then decide where I want to jump to next—north to Berlin, or south to Nuremberg/Munich & Vienna.



Why don’t I go on holiday EARLY, in mid September, and then pay it off by my hoarding? Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail is on in Brussels through September….."Belmonte has everything prepared to break his beloved Constance out of the seraglio of Selim Pacha in Turkey. His project is discovered, but Selim Pacha overcomes his jealousy and magnanimously pardons Belmonte. With his 'Türkenoper,' Die Entführung aus dem Serail, Mozart clearly touched 18th century Vienna’s heartstrings: the fearful fascination with Turkish culture had hardly dissipated a hundred years after the last occupation of Vienna by the Ottoman Turks. A tender love story, generously seasoned with humour and set to sparkling music, assured this work an enormous popularity and made it one of the greatest successes of Mozart’s career. The unity of music and drama achieved in this piece provided a new ideal for Singspiel, as well as for opera in general. ” And then to Berlin Komische Oper for the Rise & Fall of the City of Mahoganny “If you are persecuted by the police, you need a lot of money to bribe the law and order of the state. If you lack money, you have to make money. Three gangsters act upon this motto and build the paradise city Mahagonny in the middle of nowhere, where people will find happiness and where they should spend their money in return. However, the undertaking would have failed, if Jim Mahoney, a simple lumberjack from Alaska, would not have found the law of human felicity: everybody should be free to do whatever he wants to – to gorge himself ad nauseam, to have excessively sex, to prove to be a real man in a boxing match, to drink himself into oblivion. Mahagonny booms, the gangsters gain wealth, however, Jim has overseen a much more important law: you can do whatever you want to – but you have to pay for it. He cannot do so and is condemned to death for his lack of money.
»Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny« is regarded as a political parable, an operatic aesthetically discourse, analysis of the functioning mechanisms of human civilization, merciless inventory of the state of human relations under the rule of the market. The works stands for all this, however, it is a synonym for much more: it is one of the most successful operas of the twentieth century and a grandiose theatre fun of amazing energy and timeliness.”

So many sexy girls on the journey home this morning. Passing me at Vauxhall 87 stop was the most amazing brunette in red jumper over the most massive breasts, brown long skirt over voluptuous arse. Stunning blonde in white zip up cardigan getting off bus in front in W-- Road. Got £45 bonus at work! That’s 66 Euros! Perhaps I should separate the Brussels and Berlin holidays. Just have four days in Brussels, Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday night, back on Sunday? Wouldn’t that be so boring, on its own? Going to Wiertz & Modern is only so titillating and arousing because it is a precursor to arriving on Babylon on the Spree, Mon Cheri, Golden Gate, Monte Carlo, Ciro, BEC, Sarah Young. It must wait until I have earned it & proved I am worth it, though, at the end of October. And like I say, if I do spend three nights in Brussels & then something exciting happens I can always stay there & forget about going on anywhere else.

Otherwise, I really cannot imagine going to just Brussels for four days. I would be so bored. I need just two nights there, for Gare du Nord, Empire, and Museum of Modern Art. Wiertz will have to wait as I would rather be on my way to Berlin for Saturday night, so I might catch Erika in Ciro. You never know, I can maybe stay in Brussels for one more day on the way back home. Remember the Eurostar has to be fixed dates non-changeable to get the cheap price! So many more sexy girls on the bus to work tonight, too many big busty girls to mention. I need some big breasts again! I have to feel them and suck them. I miss Cotton Club Cinema and Pamela. I need Martina in Nuremberg. I need Clarisse in Brussels. I need Iga and Yulia and Diana in Berlin. Anna the Mayfair Swede is pretty awesome. JUST ONE MORE NIGHT TO GET THROUGH! Then Wednesday I can be on my way back home. Via an early evening session in the Calcutta, obviously. I am hoping to save £800 till the end of October, but it is conceivable I might save as much as £1,000, which is 1,500 Euros, but only if I resist the lure of Cotton Club Cinema and Demi and Pamela, which I doubt. If just in ten weeks from mid August to end October I can cut my credit card bill by £1,000 to £4,900 that shows what can be done. If I could be as good for the other 40 weeks I could reduce my credit card bill to just £900! Before that though, as it keeps getting lower, I can keep travelling now & again. For sure, a 2 night Brussels 4 night Berlin, 1 night Brussels holiday, will cost me just over £1,000. So I will be back to square one again. Owing £6,000 on my card, with the Virgin interest about to hit me. There is no real way out. I must consider downsizing my holiday.

Honestly, one night in Brussels is all I want. Check in to the Ibis or SAS at 7pm, after several drinks in the Pullman Bar, shower, down to hotel bar, then out to Empire and up to Gare du Nord for movies & windows. Next morning, something to eat in bar, then catch train to Berlin, for beers, knesepfanne, then out to BEC and SY. Another ten weeks of saving will take me up to mid January–coincidentally when La Traviata and Carmina Burana are on in Berlin! So should I go to Munich & Vienna in October? No, Munich and Vienna should be saved for my last trip, when I can relax and go mad, nihilistically, knowing it will be all year until I can travel again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Calcutta was very packed even for a Friday [7th October 2006]

The Calcutta was very packed even for a Friday. I had 3½ pints before going to the Wigmore. To be honest, Frittoli was more voluptuous than ...